Bart poses with other Kansas University mascots

Send High School and College Transcripts

Send transcripts to the following address:

Barton County Campus
Attn: Enrollment Services
245 NE 30 Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530

Contact the Enrollment Services Office at for questions.

Official high school and college transcripts must be mailed directly from the granting institution or sent by an electronic transcript service to Barton Community College or, hand delivered in a sealed envelope. The hand delivered transcript must be placed in the school letterhead envelope with the Registrar’s signature or school stamp imprinted on the sealed back flap. Opening the envelope will render that transcript invalid. (No exceptions)

Barton will accept both emailed or faxed official high school transcripts directly from the high school.  The receipt of official foreign high school transcripts from foreign high schools may be considered upon review. 

Foreign transcripts must be translated to English.  For any questions regarding the receipt of foreign transcripts contact the Barton Registrar.

All transfer credit will be equated on the semester-hour system. Lower division (freshman and sophomore level) credits earned with a D grade or higher will be calculated in the students’ cumulative grade point average (GPA) and articulated as equivalent Barton courses.  Quality points and grade points will be transferred from other colleges and universities and will be averaged into the cumulative GPA. Transfer credit entered on any student's Barton academic history cannot be removed. Check your MyBarton Portal regularly to review your transfer course credit, especially if you have credit coming from multiple sources.

Barton accepts transfer credit earned at regionally and nationally accredited colleges in the United States.  Transfer credits will be accepted from colleges and universities starting from the year they are accredited or hold candidacy status with their accrediting agencies.  Non-accredited institutions are subject for review by the Registrar.

To be eligible for graduation, students must have completed at least 15 resident hours out of the required sixty-four (64) total hours through Summer 2020, and the sixty (60) total hours beginning Fall 2020 from Barton Community College.  Students seeking a certificate from Barton must have completed at least 25% of the required courses from Barton.

When a course taken at another institution is repeated at Barton, the College shall accept the most recent grade to calculate the student’s grade point average or satisfy course and/or graduation requirements.

Students seeking a degree from Barton should meet with their academic advisor prior to sending any post-secondary transcripts to Barton.

Non-degree students are not required to submit transcripts unless it is needed for a course prerequisite. Non-degree seeking student's transcripts will be kept on file and only evaluated as needed and/or as requested by the student.