Kirkman building on campus in Fall

Registration & Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services Office

The Enrollment Services Department is located in the Kirkman Visitor Center. The Office of Enrollment Services provides and maintains the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of academics records for all Barton students. The Registrar serves as the main custodian for academic records for the college.

Office Phone Number - (620) 792-9252 or 800-748-7594, ext. 252
Email -
FAX Number - (620) 786-1175

The office provides the following services:

  • Transcript Requests
  • Request proof of enrollment
  • Request a duplicate diploma
  • Name and address changes
  • Schedule changes
  • Grade information
  • Transcript evaluation
  • Graduation evaluations/ceremony information
  • Residency paperwork
  • Other requests related to your student records.

This office also ensures the privacy of your student records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Enrollment Services Staff - Great Bend Campus

Lori Crowther

Barb Beckstrom
Student Records Specialist

Shanda Mull
Assistant Registrar

Kim Neifert
Student Record Specialist

Kathleen Stacey
Enrollment Services Support Specialist

Jessica Vsetecka
Transcript Analyst

Name and Address Change

Permanent Name Changes

Students must make any permanent name change by contacting the Enrollment Service’s Office. A change in a student’s name requires the social security card, along with a valid photo ID be provided to Enrollment Services (mailed, emailed, faxed or in person).

Preferred name/gender changes

Name and gender information recorded in Barton’s student information system (SIS) reflects the information supplied by the student at the time of admission to/enrollment in the college.  Should a student wish to provide alternative name or gender information in the SIS, the student should contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 620.792.9252 or to request the change.  Enrollment services personnel will add the preferred name to the educational record and make note of the gender identity as well, without requesting any documentation of legal changes of this information.  Barton will retain the legal name and gender in the SIS and utilize it as required for state and federal reporting. 

Barton employees are asked to use names and pronouns consistent with students’ gender identities. Students are requested to inform instructors and other staff members about preferred names and pronouns.  A student who seeks assistance or support in informing instructors about use of a preferred name, etc. may contact the Dean of Student Services for assistance

Address Changes

An individual may request a change in their legal address by one of the following methods:

  • Submitting an address change request through the MyBarton Portal
  • In person (with valid photo ID).
  • By email from an official email address.
  • Email
  • Faxing or mailing a change of address affidavit which has been signed, dated, and notarized.

Enrollment and Degree Verification

Barton Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171