Barton County Campus Graduation Ceremony
May 11, 2018
Gymnasium - Barton County Campus
Additional Barton County Campus Graduation Activities
Medical Laboratory Technology Pinning – May 11, 2018; 10:00a.m. at the Chapel (Fine Arts Building) followed by reception in the Fine Arts Seminar Room, F-30. For more information, contact Cheryl Lippert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-786-1133.
Honors Celebration – recognizes students graduating from Barton Community College with a 3.5 GPA or higher – May 11, 2018; 1 p.m. in the Student Union (this event is by invitation only). RSVPs may be submitted via honors through the RSVP form.
Nurse Pinning - Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing graduates are recognized for their achievement of eligibility to sit for their national licensure exams and are awarded a nursing pin – May 11, 2018; 2:30p.m. in the Fine Arts Auditorium.
Fort Riley Campus Graduation Ceremony - Contact the Fort Riley Office at (785) 784-6606 for additional information/questions
May 24, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn, 410 S. 3rd St, Manhattan, KS
1 p.m. - Graduates report to the Hilton Garden Inn no later than 12 p.m. for assembling and ceremony instructions.
Fort Leavenworth Graduation Ceremony - Contact the Fort Leavenworth Office at (855) 590-3374 for additional information/questions
June 13, 2018
Command General Staff College (CGSE) Building, 100 Stimson Avenue, Fort Leavenworth
3:00 p.m. - Graduates may start arriving at 1 p.m. and must be there no later than 2 p.m.
Barton County Campus Information
- Cap/Gowns: May be picked up April 18 - May 2 in the upper level of the Kirkman Building in the Enrollment Services Office from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Phi Theta: Members should pick up sashes from Kathy Boeger.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda: See Deanna Heier.
- Graduation Announcements: Available for purchase online only at www.cbgrad.balfour.com
- Notify for disability seating: Please notify our office, 620-792-9212 as soon as possible to reserve.
Graduation Night Instructions
- Check in - lower level of Kirkman Building, 5:30 pm - Please do not bring any unnecessary items, i.e., purses, coats, etc.
- Prior to entering gym, you will be lining up by degree - College employees will assist with this task.
- Processional - Order of March - stage crew, speakers, graduates, and faculty
- Upon entering gym, come up middle aisle; graduate chairs will be to the right of the on stage podium. Ushers will guide you into the rows.
- Stand in front of chair and remain standing for Invocation and National Anthem - Men take off your caps during. You may sit after both have been completed.
- Vice President of Instruction will present the class and confer degrees.
- Person to the far right will lead each row out. Line up parallel to the bleachers on the right. As you approach the podium, hand your card to the person reading the names.
- Do not rush the line, wait until the person in front of you has had their name read and proceed.
- Accept your diploma with your left hand; shake hands with the right hand.
- No photos allowed on the floor during the ceremony.
- Proceed all the way to the last row of faculty and come back up the center aisle and remain standing until all graduates in your row have returned.
- Recessional - After the benediction the music will begin and the stage group will exit. The faculty will form a receiving line on either side of the center aisle. The graduates in the first row to the far right will begin down the aisle and each row will fall in behind, beginning with the graduate on the far right of the second row. Once again an usher will come forth to direct you.
- Summer and Fall graduates who have already received a diploma cover, please leave your cover on your seat.
- Honors and Highest Honors: Based upon cumulative GPA through the fall semester and if you transferred hours to Barton, those hours have been calculated into your GPA. Your final GPA and graduation status is contingent upon successful completion of your spring semester courses. The final results will post on your diploma and transcript. If you have received academic clemency for any grade, you are not eligible for honors. Students awarded certificates are not eligible for honors.
Honors = 3.5 to 3.69 GPA Highest = 3.7 to 4.0 GPA
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in June/July. They will be mailed to the legal address that is listed on your graduation application unless provided with a different address by the graduate. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out of the country by the Enrollment Services Office. If requested, the student is required to pay for postage and shipping.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please request your transcript from the Request Transcript page. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, select to "hold for degree comments" on the request. Find more information on the Transcript Request page.
- Please contact Enrollment Services with any questions, (620) 792-9252.