Student Support Services is one of four TRIO programs at Barton Community College. TRIO programs are funded through United States Department of Education grants and provide free services for eligible students to assist them in meeting their educational goals. The Barton Student Support Services (SSS) program is designed to meet student needs in all academic, career, transitional, and life skills areas. Each member of the Student Support Services staff is committed to helping students successfully complete a two-year degree, certificate program, or transfer to a four-year institution. Meet the Student Support Services Staff!
Services that are available to eligible students include:
- Academic support through our tutoring lab
- Career and Vocational
- Free personal counseling
- Transfer trips to four-year colleges and universities such as the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, and Wichita State University
- Financial Aid information and assistance
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Workshops are also available that cover topics related to college skills and the college experience
Download the Acrobat version of the Student Support Services application.
Eligibility: Students may be eligible for the SSS program if they are first generation college students, meet limited income guidelines, or have a physical or learning disability. In addition, students must show a need for academic support services. Apply at L-110